This is my first post entry as a blogger for Robogals. Perhaps I should introduce myself. Here goes...
My name is Sarah. I've always liked maths and science in high school. That's my justification for choosing to study Engineering at university. Doing things you enjoy can't be that bad, right? Fast forward 3 years and here I am: a final year engineering student studying at the University of Queensland, Australia. No regrets!
I am majoring in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering - combining problem solving skills from electrical engineering with biomedical sciences to improve health care. Some university courses I have completed or am currently taking include:
- Human Anatomy - the study of form and structure of the human body;
- Systems Physiology - the study of major organ system functions of the human body;
- Signal and Image Processing - the analysis and application of signals and images;
- Image Formation - an introduction to medical imaging techniques such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging;
- Photonics - the science of harnessing light to create devices that comprise both electrical and optical functions, such as LASERs;
- Machine Learning - a branch of artificial intelligence concerned with the development and application of algorithms that allow computers to evolve behaviours based on example data or previous experience.
So back to this blog. Hmm... What should I post? I'm still a student and hence, there are many things I don't understand. So let's start with what we learn in university, brief updates on new technology, and science-fiction / cyberpunk awesomeness to enthuse the imagination.
You'll hear from me soon :)
Our monthly email newsletter keeps you up-to-date with our activities around the world.